Substations for power transmission and power generation
Linxon offers engineering, procurement, management and construction services for execution of large, complex AC power substations and expansions in four main applications:
1. Utilities (transmission and distribution)
- Upfront planning and systems studies
- Design for optimization & full project execution
- Full system maintenance / Life extension services
- Expertise in cutovers and sequencing to work within site limitations
- Ensure optimal solutions for our clients
2. Conventional generation
- Flexible and reliable solutions for effective integration of power from conventional generation plants
- Efficient transmission and distribution to residential, commercial and industrial consumers
- Comprehensive domain knowledge, global experience, continuous innovation and funding solutions
- Optimized turnkey substation solutions that support local grid code compliance
- Customer support throughout the lifecycle of the substation including brownfield upgrades and rehabilitation
- Interconnections with existing utility switchyards
3. Renewable generation
- Completed several onshore and offshore wind substation projects – leveraging our experience from around the globe in this area
- Supporting our customers to achieve return on investment with competitive and optimized solutions as the costs of wind and solar energy come down
- Significant experience in delivering grid connection substations for solar plants combined with complementary electrical BOP competence
- Addressing demand for grid stabilization and energy storage with innovative solutions
- Consistent and clear focus on maintaining project schedule to ensure our customers meet their commercial generation obligations
- Traction power substations (built in place and containerized solutions)
- Switching and paralleling stations
- AC & DC applications
- Wayside energy storage systems
- Feasibility and reliability studies – RAMS
- System studies and traction power simulations
- SCADA systems for railway applications
- Design, erection, testing and commissioning of Third Rails and Power Rails from 750vDC to 3000vDC consisting
- High Speed, Metro, Light rail and Monorail applications
Digital substations – advancing the state-of-the-art
Enhances controllability and reliability while optimizing operating costs Reduced risk of electrical shock Predictive maintenance capabilities ‘Future proof’ remote control via IEC 61850 international standards Savings:
Substation innovations connecting conventional generation
We design and deliver turnkey solutions that help our customers fulfil their plans exactly, providing the highest lifecycle value and the lowest possible risk.
Connecting critical loads to the electricity grid and expanding power system infrastructure demands significant planning and engineering to ensure a constant, dependable supply of power. Linxon delivers optimized EPC substation solutions that help cities to grow, industries to expand, utilities to operate reliably and communities to connect.
Our global footprint and local presence ensures complete support over the lifetime of a substation. Regardless of size or scope, making projects easier for customers is our specialty. From ultra–high transmission
Serving utilities with engineering and program efficiency
Linxon’s knowledge of utility standards and procedures, and its unique ability to integrate and implement equipment innovations, are key to meeting the needs of our customers.
Linxon solutions combine state–of–the–art technology, such as compact GIS systems, and proven project management capability including complex phased schemes. Linxon customers can rely on the prompt delivery of robust, reliable and efficient electrical systems that make the best possible use of an available substation site.
Our turnkey solutions incorporate the following works:
- design, manufacture, supply, delivery, installation & commissioning of established ABB Power Products
- an advanced range of ABB Substation Automation & Protection Systems
- a considered approach to demolition/removal of redundant substation assets
- carefully planned site remediation and temporary/permanent service provision
- an optimized civil and GIS building solution
For renewable generation, substations that meet the demands of tomorrow
We support our customers in the creation of stronger, smarter and greener grids that are adapted to meet the changing needs of an evolving power landscape.
For power and water systems, Linxon solutions enhance the capacity, reliability and availability of transmission and distribution networks with proven substation designs and innovative grid technologies. Linxon solutions facilitate the integration and interconnection of cleaner energy supplies, and help to maintain grid reliability and secure power supplies. We are focused on grid stability, reliability and code compliance.
We challenge ourselves to deliver technical solutions that help our renewable energy customers meet their commitments. We have also implemented innovative delivery solution for both civil and demolition works by minimizing the use of non–sustainable materials.
For rail substation applications and mass transit transmission
Linxon substations for rail ensure reliable power delivery to the line and vehicles so main line trains, metros and mass transit networks stay on track. Optimized rail electrification solutions ensure reliable supplies of AC and DC power are available to support high performance and efficiency.
We design, construct, test and commission complete traction power supply systems for both long distance rail and mass transit applications.
We specialize in high–voltage, traction and auxiliary power for:
- light/metro lines
- high-speed lines
- main lines and freight lines
We provide design, engineering, surveying, as well as grid compliance and approvals:
- EMC, earthing & bonding
- stray currents
- braking energy recovery solutions
- power quality solutions
Linxon provides not only complete end–to–end solutions, but also extended support during initial operation.