In designing the substation, BIM, Building Information Modelling, is used to help to visualize the design. The use of BIM can also eliminate design or construction errors. The substation capabilities can be simulated, the project schedule can be shortened and construction costs can be controlled.
BIM – Building Information modelling enables:
- Better understanding of the proposed design
- Fewer problems during construction related to design
- Analysis and simulation capabilities
- Beneficial impact on Project schedule
- Beneficial Impact on control of construction costs